Monday, April 20, 2009

so i had a large pitcher of sangria with melissa last night

and then i had this thought about dogs. why is it that dogs can understand certain words in english but we don't understand anything in their language? if i tell my dog to "go downstairs", he definitely understands that, and he goes downstairs. it's not like he gets rewarded for that, or gets food or anything. he just does it. so clearly he understands. so why don't i understand the difference between his barks. a legitimate question, right?!

also: why is my cat named canoe?

4 comments:

  1. i've wondered about "canoe" as a cat name for a while. then I kind of embraced it. now I kind of wish I had an animal named canoe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i just want to know who named him that in the first place. also i feel a lot of pressure to name my next animal with just as inappropriate of a name.

    ReplyDelete